This house was built in rural Rockford, Illinois. It was designed in 1949 by Frank Lloyd Wright for Kenneth Laurent and his wife Phyllis. Kenneth was a paraplegic World War 2 vet. It was the only house Wright designed for a client with physical disabilities.
This was a single story home. The inside color scheme is orange, red and green. Most of the furniture was build by Wright and his interns. The Laurent’s lived in the house for 60 years.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2012.
Currently, the home is open to the public for tours