The Tampa Union Station is located at 601 Nebraska Avenue, Tampa, Florida. The station was built in 1912 to accommodate the passengers of the Atlantic Coast Line, Tampa Northern Line, and the Seaboard Airline railroads. The railroads contributed $250,000 for the construction.
The architect.was J.F. Leitner. The style.was Italian Renaissance. The station was originally managed by the Tampa Union Station Company. There were originally 8 tracks; now only one is regularly used. In 1971, Amtrak began to use the station.
In 1991, a non for profit (Tampa Union Station Preservation and Redevelopment Inc) acquired the 1.9 acre site with the station and the baggage building. They raised 4 million dollars to renovate the structures using the services of Rowe Architects. In 1999, this non for profit turned over ownership to the city of Tampa. Currently, the city of Tampa Real Estate Division manages the site.
The station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 5, 1974