Gasparilla Island Lighthouse was originally built in the 1880’s to serve as the Delaware Breakwater Rear Light. It was moved and reconstructed in 1927 two miles north of Port Poca Grande Lighthouse. It was first lit in 1932. The lighthouse was automated in 1956.
The foundation is iron steel piles. The construction is wrought iron. The tower shape is skeletal. The height is 105 feet.
The lighthouse was deactivated in 2014. It was renovated and the light was switched on in 2018.
The lighthouse was place on.the National Register of Historic Places