This historic church is located in Boca Grande, FloridaThe First Baptist Church of Boca Grande is located at 421 4th Street West. The congregation was founded in 1909. In its early history, the congregation met outdoors, services led by traveling ministers. From 1911 to 1912, the building commission was formed. Construction was financed by a loan from the Southern Baptist Missionary Board and donations by the congregation. Building was completed in 1915. The building style was balloon frame carpenter gothic style. The bell in the church tower was a locomotive bell donated by the Seaboard Railroad. In 1928, the building was enlarged for Sunday school classrooms. In 1934 a parsonage was built. The church building is the oldest one on Gasparilla Island. In 2009, the church building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.