This line was 16.5 miles. It was built from 1910 to 1911. The first passenger service was in November, 1911. This extension helped business development, residential growth and tourism in the local communities of Venice, Laurel, Nokomis and Osprey. The last passenger train departed Venice in 1911. The railroad continued freight service until 1992. The abandoned line was the site of the Legacy Trail.