The campus consisted of two buildings. The older building was constructed in 1926. It is located on North Tamiami Trail. The.architect was M.Leo Elliot. The building is 57,000 square feet. The style is collegiate gothic. This building was abandoned in 1996.
This older building was converted into an art museum. What followed was an extensive task to transform this aging structure into Sarasota Museum of Contemporary Art. Windows were replaced. External.walls were refurbished to secure from water an air leaks. The project was managed by Lawson Group.Architects
The newer building was designed by Paul Rudolph. It was built in 1958–1960.