Nokomis Beach Pavilion was Sarasota’s first beach pavilion. It is located on Casa Key Road. It was built in 1954. The architect was Jack West who was a member of Sarasota School of Architecture.
The Pavilion featured paved plaza,fountain and bathhouse of stacked Ocala block. Over the years, the Pavilion deteriorated and was in need of restoration.
The architect enlisted for this project in 2008 was once again Jack West.
The Pavilion was listed on the National Register of Historic Places May 28, 2013.