This is a railroad swing bridge crossing the Sanitary and Ship Canal near Kedzie Avenue. It was built in 1899–1900. Architect was Sanitary District of Chicago. Substructure Contractors were McArthur Brothers and Winston and Company. The Toledo Bridge Company was the superstructure contractor. Total cost $110,644.85. Weight of the iron and steel in the completed bridge was 2,511,140 pounds.
Bridge type is metal pin-connected Pratt Through truss, movable: swing (center pier). Main span length 474.2 feet. Structure length 479.4 feet. Bridge supports 2 tracks.
Used by Chicago Madison and Northern RR. and IC RR.
Currently used by Canadian National.