A recent addition to the Shell Factory in North Fort Myers is an antique carousel built in 1927 by the C.W. Parker Company. The carousel is 36 feet wide and has 20 horses.
Prior to being at the Shell Facory, the carousel was operated for 25 years at Saint Augustine ‘s Davenport Park. After its last operating day, the carousel was dismantled and shipped to North Fort Myers. It was then refurbished with sandblasting the horses, repainting them. New floorboards were installed as well as LED lights
Prior to being in operation in Saint Augustine, the carousel was at the Fort Wayne Zoo and the Wisconsin Dells. The history prior to this is uncertain.