Montrose Harbor was a part of what was known as “ring of fire” during the cold war from 1955-1965. This consisted of multiple under ground Nike-Ajax anti-aircraft surface to air missile sitest. Often times the missiles were in plain snite. They could also be retracted into underground bunkers.
The missiles had a 25 mile range. They had a 25 mile range.
This missile site was decommissioned in the late 1960’s.