Carlson Cottage was originally known as the men’s and ladies’ comfort station. It is located in the Lincoln Park Zoo complex south of the historic Café Brauer. It was built in 1888. The architect was the 19th century Joseph Lyman Silsbee.
For many years, the building served as the public restroom facilities for Lincoln Park Zoo. This use of the building was discontinued years ago. It currently functions as the center for volunteer gardening
The building was constructed of brick and stone