This former Schlitz tied tavern is located at 3159 North Southport Avenue in Chicago
It was built in 1903. The architects were Fromann and Jebsen. The building style is German Renaissance. The building is notable for its steeply pitched front gable; use of alternating colors of brick to frame window and door openings.
In 1988, Chris and Michael Schuba purchased the building. They supervised an extensive renovation. The exterior of the building is similar to its original appearance. The interior was renovated to maintain the long mahogany bar, the intricately designed tin ceiling, and the wainscoted wall panelling