This station was built for the South Shore Line in 1927. It was in operation until 1987. It was built as a multimodal structure. It was two stories high with a front white facade with columns. The South Shore Line was affiliated with multiple bus lines. The station was planned as a waiting area for both buses and the train.
Over the years, the bus lines ceased operation. The station closed in 1987 as the South Shore Line underwent bankruptcy. A smaller train stop exist near the old station. The train station has been for sale since 2016.
In 1917, the Michigan City Redevelopment Commission purchased the 11th Street Station so that it would be preserved for use in the new train station in the new 2 track proposal.