This building was constructed in 1928. It is located at 5550 N. Kenmore Avenue in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago. It is twelve stories. The architects were Alexander L. Levy and William J. Klein. The building style is Gothic Revival.
Unfortunately over the years, the building became dilapidated due to lack of maintenance. In the 1990’s, the Holsten Development Company acquired the property and under took a $7.5 million renovation project. The apartments, lobby and corridors were revamped. New elevators were installed. The mechanical, electrical and plumbing were updated. The masonry, windows, and roof were repaired or restored.
Currently, the building features a roof top garden, an air conditioned exercise room. Mia Francesca Restaurant occupies the ground floor.
The Bryn Mawr was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.