The Seaboard Airline Railroad came to Fort Myers in the 1920’s. There was a station at the intersection of Palm Beach Drive and East Riverside Drive south of the Caloosahatchee River.
It was Spanish Mission Style. The architects were Wiley and Clark. Construction costs were $75,000. It was 200 feet long. The interior walls and ceiling were finished with mottled cream stucco.
The station was abandoned when rail service was discontinued in the 1950’s. Tracks were removed.
For a while, the building was used Reilly Brothers Construction. Currently, the building is empty and surrounded by fencing.