Little information is available about the Argyle Theater. It was located at 4930 N. Lawrence Avenue in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. The building was constructed in 1910. It was 38 X 100 feet. The architect was C.W. Stevens. There was one screen. Seating capacity was 300.
It was in operation from 1910 until 1915. In 1916, it was plagued by union problems, a fire and a shooting. By the 1920’s, a car dealership was located at the corner site of the theater. Currently, there is a parking lot at the site.