The Riviera Theater is located in the Uptown Neighborhood of Chicago at 4746 N. Racine Avenue. It opened in 1918. Construction costs were $585,000. The building style is French Renaissance Revival. The theater was once called the Orpheum. The architects were Rapp and Rapp. The theater was built for Balaban and Katz. Like other theaters in the area, a Wurlitzer organ was installed in 1920. The capacity was 2500 seats.
Since 2006, the Riviera is a private night club. Its owner is Jan Productions. (Also the owner of the Uptown). The seats have been removed.