The Lincoln Village Theater was located in West Ridge at 6101 N. Lincoln Avenue. It originally opened as a single screen large theater in August, 1968. It was an auditorium type facility with a seating capacity of approximately 1000 seats.
It was split into three screens in December, 1983.
In the late 1980’s, Cineplex Odeon added a new building to the north of the original theater. The new facility featured 6 screens. The original theater was renamed the Lincoln Village Theater 7-9. In the 1990’s, this theater was closed and demolished. The new theater was renamed the Lincoln Village 1-6.
The remaining theater apparently was poorly managed. It closed in 2005. The reason provided was the lack of parking because of a dispute with the Metropolitan Sanitary District. The theater has sat empty for years.
Recently a plan was developed for the unused facility. The nearby car wash was torn down. The plan was to modify the theater a a 3 story storage facility.
Unless otherwise indicated, all photos and text are copyrighted