Located in West Ridge at 2516 West Devon, the Cine Theater once stood.. It opened in 1937. The architect was George Leslie Rupp. It was operated by the Balaban and Katz Group. It had one screen. It had a capacity of 1200 seats. Its style was described as stream line moderne. It was in operation until 1953. Apparently, the theater was inexpensive and featured B movies
After the theater closed, the building was used as a clothing store. More recently it houses an Indian Restaurant.
Unless indicated, all photos and text are copyrighted