The Division Street Bridge crossed the DesPlaines River in Lockport. It was 3/4 north of the site of IL 7. It is thought to have been built in 1899. The builder/contractor is unknown. It was a metal 9 panel Parker Through Truss, fixed and approach spans: metal pin connected Pratt Through Truss, Fixed. There were three spans (2 truss designs– Parker Truss and Pratt Truss).
When the bridge completely crossed the DesPlaines River, the structure length was 511 feet. Main span length was 200 feet. Roadway width was unknown. It carried vehicle traffic.
In this area, there was also a swing bridge over the Sanitary and Ship Canal. This is no longer present.
The Division Street Bridge closed In 1993. At that time, the main span of the bridge over the DesPlaines River was removed.