Not much is written about the current bridge at this site. It was apparently built in 1920. The city undertook a 2.5 million dollar rehabilitation project in 1998. New lighting fixtures were added. Railing similar to the original construction was installed. Pedestrian sidewalks were widened.
The bridge plaque references a bridge reconstruction that took place in 1998.
The above picture is a view of the North Branch Chicago River from the bridge
This is a view from the other side of the bridge.
A prior bridge at this site was a lost Pony truss bridge. This bridge was replaced in 1920