There have been two bridges over the North Branch Chicago at Diversey Parkway (2150 West; 2800 North). The current bridge runs east-west 6 miles from the river mouth. It is a steel and concrete bridge. It opened in 1968. It was designed by Division of Bridges and Viaducts City of Chicago. It was built by J.M. Corbett Company. Construction costs were $1,654,712.
The first bridge opened September 11, 1896. It was 184 feet long and 35 feet wide. It was a steel hand operated swing bridge. It was a Pratt through truss. Designer was unknown. Superstructure Contractor was Lassing Bridge and Iron Company. Substructure Contractor was Lydon and Drews Company. Cost was $31,345.
In 1909, bridge house was moved from North East to South West Corner due to a fire in 1921.
In September, 1929, roadway was renovated.
In 1928, crash with a steamer caused extensive damage
In 1963, there were extensive renovation costing $150,000.
Bridge was removed in February, 1967.