Ronan Park is a Chicago park on the north side. It extends from Lawrence Ave to Argyle Street. It extends along the North Branch of the Chicago River. It is approximately 13 acres. It was restored in 2002.
There is a Metropolitan Sanitary District building on the east bank of the north branch Chicago river near Lawrence Avenue. This has an art deco design. It was built in 1929. It is a sewage pumping station. Currently it pumps raw sewage to the north side Water Reclamation Plant on Howard Street.
The Park was named after Ensign George Ronan. He died in the Fort Deaborn Massacre on August 15, 1812. The federal soldiers were routed by the Potowatomi Indians.