The current bridge is a polygonal Warren through truss with riveted connections over the little Calumet River. It was built in 1966. It crosses the river between the 130th Street Traffic Bridge and and the T.J. O’Brien Lock.
Open deck plate girders provide an approach to the structure. It rests on concrete piers. Main span is 273 feet. Structure length 431 feet. The bridge is used by the South Shore Line.
Previous bridge was a lost Through truss bridge over the Calumet River. It was built in 1908 by the American Bridge Company. It was taken down in 1966