The first verified bridge in this area was built in 1879 and was a fixed iron bridge. The next bridge was built in 1909 and was a through truss center pier swing bridge. The current bridge was built in 1970. During construction, a temporary bridge was in place to allow for traffic flow in this location. The current bridge is a riveted through plate girder. This is a fixed bridge. The main span length is 148.6 feet. The structure length is 350 feet. Roadway width is 48 feet. There are four main spans.
Inspection report as of 10/2011 rates the deck as 3 out of 9 -serious; superstructure 5 out of 9–fair. Substructure is rated 5 out of 9–fair. Overall appraisal is structurally deficient.