This is a swing bridge over the Sanitary and Ship Canal. It is located between the south Central Avenue Bridge and the Harlem Avenue Bridge. It was built in 1899. It is a pin connected Pratt through truss fabricated by the the Keystone Bridge Company. The Carnegie Steel Company erected the superstructure.
It is a center pivot swing bridge. It measures 372 feet 6 inches in length. It rests on limestone abutments. The limestone center pier measures 33 feet 8 inches in diameter. It supports a 28 foot turntable. The bridge has two tracks. It is still operational.