
Compton Hill Reservoir Saint Louis
The Third Church of Christ Scientist was located at 3524 Russell Boulevard, Saint Louis.. The architect was Albert B. Groves. It was built at this location on 1912. The building is a six column brick.and stone church. There are arching stain glass windows.This congregation incorporated in 1906 and dissolved in 1985. The original 3rd Church of Christ Scientist was at this site for 70 years
It was replaced at this site by New Paradise Missionary Baptist Church.
The building was sold in 1915 to the Karpeles family. They ran 17 manuscript libraries throughout the United States. They carried multiple historic documents. Each library had a rotation collection and a permanent.collection focused on regional history. Unfortunately, in May, 2019, the building sustained extensive damage in a fire. It currently sits unused.

Former Third Church of Christ Scientist. There is visible damage to the roof.

Same as above

1905 S. Grand Ave. Saint Louis

Same as above
This house was originally designed and built for Erasmus Warner. He was a lumber magnate. The house designed by the architect William Link. It was built in 1890.
It is a three story red brick structure. At some time unknown it was painted white. Currently the paint was removed.
The building style is Romanesque revival. There is intricate wood in the interior.
Mr. Warner died in 1915. There were many owners after this. The building was used as a livery, a funeral home, storage facility and as medical offices.

Fleur Del Lys Mansion
This home is located at 3500 Russell Ave. Saint Louis, MO. This is a 3 story structure with 17 rooms. There are currently 8 bedrooms and 8 Bathrooms.
This house was built in 1913. The architect was William Lucas. The first owners were Mr. and Mrs W. E Beckmann. The Beckmans owned a business– W.E. Beckman Bakers and Confectioners Supply Company. The Beckmans lived in the house until 1970. They donated it to a church.

Fleur DeLys Mansion
The house was abandoned for 17 years and suffered much damage over the yeats. In 1986, 2 architects bought the house and completely renovated it. They sold it after living in there for 10 years. The next owners converted the house to a B A B named Fleur DeLys.

The Red Tower Saint Louis

Red Tower
The Red Tower aka Bissell Tower is a historic stand pipe tower located at the junction of Bissell Street and Blair Avenue in Saint Louis. It was built in 1885. The architect was William Eades. It is meant to be in the form of a Moorish Minaret.
It is 206 feet in height. There are 9 doorways leading into a space containing an iron stand pipe and a spiral stair case. At the top there is a platform.
It was renovated in 2013. There was an.attempt to.raze the structure in 1958. It was renovated in the 1960’s. It was listed in the National Register of Historic places in 1970.
The Kirkwood Theater was located at 338 South Kirkwood, Missouri. It opened as the 642 seat Osage Theater in 1932. It was a single floor theater. Arthur theater took over operation in April, 1967. It completely remodeled it. In June 28, 1968. The lobby was remodeled in an art modern style. Seating was increased to 596. It was run as an art theater. Arthur went out of business. It was then run by the Moseley Group. The theater went over multiple owner ship changes.
It currently is being used as a condominium building.

Kirkwood City Hall Missouri

Grand Avenue Water Tower
This tower was built in 1871. The architect was George Barnett. The structure is in the form of a Corinthian order column with brick, stone and cast iron trim. Height is 154 feet.

Grand Avenue Water Tower
Inside was a stand pipe 5 feet in diameter. It was designed to hold water for fire fighting. It also used to regulate water pressure.
The tower was decommissioned in 1912. The stand pipe and stair case were removed. A vertical ladder replaced the stair case.
In 1998, the water was restored and light floodlights added.
The white tower is the tallest free standing Corinthian one in.the world.
It is located at.the intersection of East Grand Boulevard and 20th Street Saint Louis
It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on April 20, 1970.
Valley Park Rail Road Bridge

Valley Park Rail Road Bridge

Same as above

Valey Park Rail Road Bridge

Valley Park Rail Road Bridge
This is a Baltimore through truss bridge. It cross the Meramec River in Valley Park, Missouri. The bridge length is 500 feet. It currently carries one track, but has space for a second. It was built for the Saint Louis -San Francisco Railroad. It currently is used by BNSF Railroad. The substrate is concrete and stone masonary. It was built in 1923. It is a replacement of a prior bridge.It was constructed by the American Bridge of New York.

Historic Kirkwood Train Station

Kirkwood Railroad Station

Same as above

Same as sbove

Same as above
The original station in Kirkwood was built in 1863. It was wood frame. It lasted only til 1893.
In 1893, the Missouri Pacific Railroad hired Douglas Donovan to build a replacement station made of stone. Its exterior is made of random Ashlar light colored stone.
It features porte cochere and a main entrance set within a large round arch. There is a curved bay facing the tracks. This is topped by a turrett.with a conical roof.
In the early 2000s, the station was briefly closed.
There is an atm, no elevators, pay phones, no vending machines.
The building is currently undergoing a renovation